Friday, September 9, 2011

CuddleBat Graphics LLC

So I am finished with another one of my side gigs, reinventing Cuddle Bat's unique branding and creating a website, business card and stationery to go along with it. Cuddle Bat is a company owned and operated by Emma Lee Dyer and her boyfriend Collin (his last name escapes me). They create one-of-a-kind apparel and hand-made housewares using up-cycled materials and original designs. If you want to check out the site live, or buy from her shop go here : LINK

The logo was created by the owner of the store and the design was reinvented by me to be more her. Becuase of their offbeat merchandise my design choices followed suit - typography was chosen to mix and match and photos were made to look more grainy and used. Inspirations for this indie chic store stem from band posters and an argyle sweater. 

The business card (front) mock-up and cover to the left are a continuation of the branding direction and state their mission. At the bottom of the post is the mock-up to a letterhead. Emma hadn't requested that I make this particular things, but I loved the project so much that I added them in (though she has yet to see them).

What I like most about this project is that it is a much different aesthetic than I normally do.  It has definitely been rewarding to step out of that design safe zone that I find myself in. This project has been long due for an overhaul and I am honored they saught me out to do the job. They sell really neat wares and their stuff comes and goes so you have to check often for new items.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...