Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Art Direction


I've been so inspired lately by imagry my friend Tracy had shown to me so I have been really sketching up a storm. Here are some of my newest illustrations. Going with the above theme I have decided to create a set. I will definitely be posting it here and on my Deviant art once completed. I'm so excited.

This is one I created of my Best Friend Tracy Maclauchlan. She drew a picture of Veil, from The Taffetas





It starts with an Idea and a sketch
I paint right over it in Photoshop
I then refine it, adding small details and fixing things I dont like
I cell shade it ... even though I LOVE the flats


Then its the background. It looks a little funky now ... but add some flowers...

And try not to box the image ... Viola finished XD




So I am going to go back and continue drawing, but I thought blogging might be a nice break.
This last one is a sketch of an upcomming illustration I am about to complete.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...